These 6 teachers won this years Inspiring Teacher of English Award, which was jointly presented by the Speak Good English Movement and The Straits Times, and supported by the Ministry of Education. They have put in the extra effort to come up with different ways to engage their students. These are the kind of teachers we need more of. In fact, all teachers hired by MOE should have this spirit of genuinely wanting to pass on their knowledge to their students and to see them grow and succeed. Only when they have such passion for teaching, can they look beyond the difficulties in teaching or disciplining and persevere in searching for different ways to engage the students. As the saying goes, there are no bad students, only bad teachers.
- Mrs Anne Kingsley-Lee (CHIJ St Theresa’s Convent)
- Ms Laureen Toh (Catholic Junior College)
- Mrs Sangeetha Sivanesan (Da Qiao Primary School)
- Ms Vanessa Heng (Nanyang Girls’ High School)
- Mr Patrick Sum (Anglo-Chinese Junior College)
- Mr Tan Wah Jiam (Hwa Chong Institution – College section)