There is no doubt that I am proud to be a Singaporean, and having lived abroad for several years, I have come to appreciate my home country even more. The Little Red Dot is a world-class city to work, live and play in, and becoming a Permanent Resident (PR) is a clear choice for those looking to make Singapore their long-term home. More importantly, most families I have spoken to say that the biggest push for them to come to Singapore is the assurance of a safe environment to raise their family in.
After living in Singapore for a while, they start to consider the option of applying to be PRs as there are many benefits:
- hospital subsidies
- higher chances to gain access into our well-sought after local schools
- higher priority to borrow various loans such as housing loans
- eligibility to buy second-hand units of government HDB flats
- freedom to travel to most countries in the world without the need for a visa
- eligibility to apply for full Singapore Citizenship, with which you enjoy the same rights as locally-born citizens
Paul Immigrations Reviews: Your One-Stop Immigrations Consultancy Firm
- Spouse of a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR)
- Unmarried child aged below 21, either legally adopted by or born within the context of a legal marriage to a Singapore PR or Citizen
- Aged parent of a Singapore Citizen
- Holder of an Employment Pass or S Pass
- Student studying in Singapore
- Foreign investor in Singapore
STEP 2 If all sounds good, this will be followed by an in-person appointment. They are conveniently located at Suntec Tower 2. A sales representative will review your profile to assess the likelihood of your application to be approved. At this juncture, you can decide if you would like the team’s help to improve your chances of a successful application.
STEP 4 A crucial aspect of their service is the actual completion of the PR application form. This is a long document that takes hours to fill. The team helps to ease this burden by completing the form based on the information extracted from your documents. Paperwork aside, it can be difficult to craft an application that stands out. The team works with you to draw out the best, garnered through years of expertise and insight into the stringent process. Furthermore, they make the effort to go the extra mile by including personalised cover letters that highlight your strengths to help you stand out in the best way, all written and prepared by their team of professional writers.
STEP 5 Finally, the application form and your documents are ready for submission. You may opt to submit them on your own remotely, with guidance over the phone, or choose to schedule an in-person appointment with them after ensuring that everything is done properly. The entire process takes about one to two months.